Friday, January 16, 2009
Home Study part 2
Well, I don't know if I just have the winter blues or exactly whats going on. I am very down and have been since Christmas. Everything seems to be taking longer than it should in our adoption process. We are still waiting on our social worker from our home study to type up her report. She said it would take a few days and we are now waiting almost a month. We had to re do finger prints because it had been to long since our last ones. There was a problem with our paperwork for child abuse clearance(our s.s# were not on the paper work we sent in) I know these are just minor annoyances but for some reason they are hitting me pretty hard this time. Our total time dealing with a home study from beginning to now has been several months! Of course we had to switch to another agency for our home study and that took awhile. I keep wanting to scream WHY? Why is everything taking so long? I know that God is in control and has a specific child for us and this process can't be rushed but I feel a yearning so deep that at times it feels as if someone has ripped my heart out. Well, I guess that was a ridiculous amount of whining on my part and it's time to pick myself up, dust myself off and continue to hold Gods hand. I have realized that I let go of it somewhere between Christmas and now. And from now on no more whining! You all have my permission to blast me for whining from now on! God Bless all of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We also had some delays with our homestudy so I completely relate. Hoping things rush right along! You will do a lot of whining in the process but just make sure you keep it balanced and you will keep yourself from getting depressed. Replace those negative thoughts with some positive ones. Easier said than done. I definitely have had some pretty cruddy weeks lately too! Hang in there!
This process can be SO frustrating at times!!! I have had some real up and downs so far (especially through my 6-1/2 month process for our I-800A). This probably won't be the first low that you have, but you are right that God is there. He is in control and we just need to rest in that (easier said than done). It is difficult for me, because I want to be in control...and with adoption you have very limited control. Julie R, an adoption mom wrote a comment on one of my posts where I was frustrated with how long the process is taking and people asking me when my daughter was coming to which I have no answers..she said she told people that she wasn't waiting she was preparing for her daughter to come home. This really helped me in my thinking. God really is in control and He knows when our babies will come home. He is preparing our homes, hearts, priorities, etc. I rest in the fact that I am doing everything that I can possibly do and the rest is up to God. He sees the BIG picture and He knows every little detail. The delays that seem so painful right now will probably make so much sense to us when we finally have babies home.
Thank you for being honest with your feelings. The good thing is that you are NOT alone in your feelings.
April #6
Hang in there...you have the right attitude even in the midst of your whining. And I don't think it's all bad to do a little whining. I like to call it venting. You need an outlet and your blog is the perfect place to be real with your frustrations as well as your thanksgivings!! This is a rough road you are on, but the end is a thousand times worth it all. I know you know it, but sometimes helps to hear it again from someone on the otherside. I'm praying for you and your sweet baby girl who's coming!
:) Kristi W.
Totally feel for you, it is a rough process beginning to end. Feel free to whine anytime you like- it always makes me feel a tiny bit better : )
- Colleen
(waiting on legals)
Post a Comment